From school level tournaments to the very pinnacle of the sports like the Olympics and the World Cups, outdoor Marquees are best suited to sports events of all sorts and sizes. Be summers or winters, mountains or beaches, for kids or adults; Outdoor Marquees have you covered at all bases.
These Marquees can be used as team tents, dressing rooms, cover houses for media and television people, stop shops for organizers, refreshment stands and the list goes on. Apart from these utility benefits, there is always the scope of branding and marketing that comes with a marquee.
With that being said, here are a few reasons why you should use a tent for sporting events.
- The ease of set up: Everyone at sports events wants to enjoy the game, and that includes the organizers as well. In all probability, they are sports fans as well. So in order for them to enjoy the game better, they can deploy outdoor marquees.
- They are straightforward to deploy and can be easily purchased from commercial tent suppliers and can be set up on-site within a couple of hours.
- Most commercial tents today are based on modular technology. Most customers can get their custom-sized marquees in a short period. However, the matter of increasing its size after a period of time can be left to the modules. The size of the marquee can be reduced or increased by the addition or deletion of a module.
- Outdoor marquees also cost a lot lesser than traditional venues when you consider the overall expenses. An Aluminium marquee is very light and strong and can last for years without any significant repairs.
- Weather Respite: Most sporting seasons last all year long and all associated with them have to bear the brunt of harsh weather conditions in that period. This is perhaps one of the biggest reasons why you should invest in an outdoor marquee.
- These tents will you keep you and your equipment dry even during pouring rains and keep the team warm during freezing winters when used with event tent accessories like sidewalls.
- Event tent accessories like HVAC equipment again come to fore when it comes to scorching summers. This artificial cooling equipment can be used to alter the temperature of the marquee according to need. This is also critical because after playing out under the scorching sun, the players and officials need an immediate respite from the blistering heat or they risk heat stroke.
- Some outdoor marquees also provide protection from the harmful ultraviolet rays.
- The comfort: The success of any sporting event hinges on how thoroughly their audiences enjoyed their event. For them to enjoy your event, it is imperative that you ensure that they are able to watch the event unfold comfortably.
- An outdoor marquee can be used as a podium/platform where seats are comfortably placed for the visitors. The ease and extent of customization that these tents provide are unparalleled.
- Other facilities like drinks and snacks bar, tables, and sensitive sound equipment can also be added without much worry as they will be well protected from the weather.
With Such benefits, I am confident that you are intrigued by the prospect of deploying an event tent at your next sports event. However, before you do so, there are a certain factors that you need to look out for in a tent. They are:
- Durability: Marquees made out of cheap plastic and the fabric sides are made of thin material that rips easily won’t last. This holds true for all marquees, but this scenario is even more precarious in the case of sports marquees because they have to withstand the toughest of weathers.
- Make sure you get an Aluminium marquee as it is both lightweight and strong, joints that are robust (as marquees are most likely to break from these points), and a canopy that is made of durable, thick fabric like thick polyester or PVC coated in weather-resistant materials. The canopy or fabric is even more critical in the case of inflatable tents because they have no frames.
- Build: Having the right components is not the only factor that will determine how long your marquee is going to last. It also has to be put up the right way. Marquees are relatively large-sized products and specialized functionality, and even small oversights in construction can quickly stop them from working.
- To be on the safer side, stop buying marquees from megastores as you’ll be gambling on whether or not that canopy was correctly constructed. Better leave this to experts who have expertise in building outdoor marquees and event tent accessories for a long time.
- Adaptability: As I’ve mentioned before, sports seasons are yearlong affairs, and that means that the marquees need to be resilient to scorching heats of the summer, pouring showers of the monsoon, and freezing cold of the winters. The ideal sports tent will have to be good enough to come through all of them.
- Event tent accessories also play a significant part in imparting adaptability to the tents, for ex. Slide-in Kedar walls are ideal for combating wind and rain, and they too cool down or warm up the area inside the tents by several degrees depending upon the external conditions. Accessories like tent stakes, tent weights, anchors etc. also come in handy in securing your canopy on whatever sort of ground you encounter.
- Warranty: There is an old saying that goes, “there’s more to everything than meets the eye”, and you should bear that in mind while marquee shopping. Yes, your marquee may look like the best marquee in the world, but if your manufacturer is tightly lipped regarding its warranty, it speaks volumes about their product.
- Warranties are attached to products that last, not ones that will break on you a couple of months in. Trust only the manufacturers that put extended warranty coverage on their tents for sporting events as these are the only ones who will go to great lengths to ensure that their marquees last at least the warranty period.