Social media marketing and SEO is indeed a phrase that’s being used together more often than ever before. We are firmly set in the age of technological and digital convenience where consumers demand fast and easy service. Services such as banking, online applications and form submissions.
Combining social media and SEO is a great way to boost authority and brand awareness to increase traffic, click-though and conversion rates. It has long been perceived that social media marketing and SEO are two different parts of digital marketing. However, things are changing and its more beneficial to use them both in conjunction.
But what does all this really mean?
Many target audiences can be found on social media, so it’s beneficial to make sure your social media and SEO strategies work hand-in-hand. It’s a well-known fact that incorporating social media and SEO into your overall digital marketing strategy will help grow your business.
Social media marketing and SEO are crucial elements of any digital marketing strategy to increase brand awareness, build customer relationships, increase engagement with your target audience and boost website traffic. To learn how to marry these two important elements together it’s worthwhile completing an accredited digital and social media marketing course.
Social media definition
Social media marketing has increased dramatically over the past few years with more people spending more time on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Here are a few benefits of social media marketing:
- Brand awareness – The power of social media marketing will undoubtedly increase awareness of your brand. The popularity of all social media channels helps promote your business.
- Increased website traffic – Increasing website traffic is the aim of every marketer and this can be achieved with social media marketing through targeted campaigns.
- Engage with your target audience – Brand awareness is not enough; users have to engage with your brand.
Most digital marketers understand SEO which involves creating content that is perfectly aligned to your online presence and targets a specific audience. Effective SEO involves using the right keywords, so you show up on search engine rankings.
Digital marketing definition
The term ‘digital marketing’ describes unified digital marketing strategies that are done online. This includes any form of digital marketing used to attract, engage, provide customer service and / or retain clients.
The most popular types of digital marketing are done via multiple channels, such as SEO, social media, content marketing and online paid advertising.
Spend time on both social media and SEO strategies
When social media marketing and SEO is combined a company’s online presence will grow and your business will thrive. It’s vitally important to spend time on both of these aspects of digital marketing
Here are a few examples of how social media and SEO are able to work together:
- Link value – Google regards links placed on a profile of a social media site as a higher value link. Adding a link to your site on a social media platform helps your brand capitalise on engagement. Another way of boosting your SEO is to have high-quality links to other resources embedded within your content.
- Local listing – A great way to improve your SEO ranking is to create a local listing on Google where leads are able to review your business. SEO ratings are dramatically improved with the more positive reviews your business receives.
- Increased sharing – By posting content on social media platforms the likelihood of it being shared increases, which creates a higher rate of interest in your business.
- Attract followers – Social media posts attract more followers, which in turn are more likely to visit your website, which improves your SEO rating.
- Interaction affects SEO rating – Did you know that interaction on social media sites with your posts increases your SEO rating? Excellent interaction not only boosts your brand but also improves your SEO ranking.
Every business invests a lot of time and money into their digital marketing so they want and need a strong online presence and in order to achieve this, so social media and SEO strategies need to be aligned. It is a mistake to approach these two important elements of digital marketing with a separate objective and strategy.