If there were two file formats that were polar opposites in any sense of the phrase it would be WMV and MOV. While both are able to cater to high quality video, WMV is a proprietary video format by Microsoft that is designed for Windows, whereas MOV is a proprietary video format by Apple that is designed for Macs.
Because of their nature, it is normally fairly easy to identify when it would be better to use WMV or MOV. To state the obvious, if you’re using a Windows-based device then WMV should be ideal, whereas if you’re using an Apple device then MOV would be better. Assuming you have some videos in WMV that you use on your Windows-based PC but want to convert to MOV to use on your Apple devices then you should try to do so with the Movavi Video Converter.
Converting WMV to MOV with the Movavi Video Converter really is a piece of cake. Just add the WMV video to the software, choose MOV from the list of formats, and hit a button to start the conversion. Depending on the size of the video the time it takes to convert will vary – but the Movavi Video Converter is known for being extremely fast so it shouldn’t take too long.
If you want you could explore the other features of the software too – some of which may prove to be interesting. Using it you can:
- Extract the audio from video files and save it in any audio format.
- Create animated GIFs out of short video clips.
- Save screenshots directly from video frames.
- Convert audio and image files into any format.
- Optimize videos with presets that cater to various devices and platforms.
- Cut and combine video segments to remove unwanted footage or merge clips together.
- Enhance the video quality or stabilize it and fix other issues.
- Add customizable text to create watermarks, subtitles or captions.
- Crop and rotate the frame and orientation of the video.
As should be evident a big part of the appeal of the Movavi Video Converter lies in the fact that not only is it user-friendly, but it also is an all-in-one media converter that provides a multifaceted set of features. It will help you in tons of different ways, and its overall impact on how you handle your media files will be huge, to say the least.