1. Become active in niche specific chat room discussions which are relevant to what you are marketing. Talk to people, but do not try and sell to them upfront. After a while, you can mention the products or services which you are promoting in passing, and gauge their interest.
2. Put a free eBook together which is full of valuable information, relevant to your niche. Make sure that you include a link to your affiliate website on the cover. The content of the eBook should attract the attention to your niche market.
3. You can develop a directory specifically for affiliate programs. The best strategy is to become a member of an affiliate network. Thereafter, you can choose several affiliate programs to place in your directory. Once you have done this, advertise your free directory for affiliate programs. Search engines have a high amount of trust for directories.
4. Write your own affiliate program ads. If all the other affiliates use the same ads you do, that does not give you an edge over your competition. Use a different ad to give yourself an advantage over all the other affiliates.
5. Give a product which you are promoting your personal endorsement. Of course, you can only do this if you have actually used the product or service which you are promoting. Give your opinion on three or four similar products which you are promoting, and rank them from best to average.
6. Advertise the product you are reselling in the signature file an article which you have written. Submit your article to high traffic directories. Use an attention getting headline and a good reason for them to visit your affiliate site. Make sure your signature file does not go over five lines.
7. Join an offer exchange. Find people who are promoting products which complement those of your affiliate programs. This is an opportunity to trade banner space on each others’ websites.
8. Participate on web discussion boards. Post your comments, answer other people’s questions, and ask your own questions. Include your affiliate text link under each message you post.
9. Create a free ezine. Use your ezine to advertise the affiliate programs you have joined. Submit your ezine to online ezine directories, and promote it on your website.
10. Start a private website. Use it as a free bonus if people buy the product you resell. You could also allow people to join for free and you could advertise the affiliate programs you have joined.