Facebook is by far the most popular social networking site. They are constantly gaining new members every day. It is an effective networking tool; however you must be careful with your approach.
As far as using it for online marketing, tread lightly or you could be viewed as a spammer. Here are some valuable hints and strategies to maximize your approach:
1. Be wary of what you include in your public profile. First and foremost, don’t include anything that would cause you to be viewed as spam. Secondly, be careful not to include anything that you wouldn’t mind the whole world finding out about! There are a lot of weirdos out there, so your most personal details are better kept to yourself!
2. Never use your business name as your profile name. This is actually against the rules. There are other pages that you can use for the purpose of branding.
3. Make sure that your build up your contacts list. Do this by promptly responding to any friend requests, as well as sending some yourself. Be engaging and personal, as your main objective is to create a network of actual relationships with people. Remember, everyone HATES spammers, so avoid being overbearing.
4. Utilize the many applications. You will enjoy your experience a lot more if you take advantage of the various applications available to you. It can actually be really fun to add videos and pictures to your profile!
5. You can do a little niche research using the “My Questions” application.
This is a great place to find out about peoples interests, as they use this place to answer various questions about themselves. You can use this to your advantage to discover who is in your target market. You will know not to waste your time on those who aren’t at all interested in your niche. Remember that you are there for the sole purpose of networking for your business, so you will want to keep this in mind when you are choosing your friends.
You are using this as an opportunity to build traffic to your site. Be sure to exercise efficient time management skills and be productive while you are on Facebook, as it can be very easy to get distracted.
6. Utilize the instant messaging system. You will actually be able to view which of your friends are online at that very moment from your profile page. Also, be sure to check your notifications regularly to see if anyone has contacted you.
7. Join groups and create some of your own. If you have gotten people to become your contacts, chances are they would be willing to join your group as well. You can use the group as a viral marketing tool. You can post messages and links on the wall to promote your site.
This is a great way to ease into promotion, and there will be less of a chance that your message or link will get deleted. Also, you can use this as a way to soften up your friends before promoting your blog or site.
Just be sure that you follow the rules at all times, and you will be able to utilize the many features of Facebook to increase your traffic substantially!
Next, find out more about facebook login in the best specialized website available on such delicate topic.