The cost of doing online business is getting more expensive every day. Various fees are involved just to start up a website ranging from a few dollars to hundreds. Some of these fees are for web site design, hosting, email, software expense, and domain name registration. Although buying a domain name is not the most expensive part of starting a website, it is still a recurring yearly cost that is helpful to avoid if possible. Having your own domain name gives your business respectability so it is a great thing to have. Getting a free domain name and registration from your web host is a great way to avoid paying an initial fee and yearly maintenance. It cuts your expenses for running your business. There are some facts you should know about what is involved and what should be looked for in considering the offers of free domain names.
There are several different methods to get a free domain name registration and learning them is not much tricky. In fact, there are a number of strategies with the help of which a business organization can avoid the extra troublesome fees charged just for registration. There are several online as well as local website registration and hosting companies. The various features offered by both of these types of companies are more or less similar.
Here are few useful tips to get a free domain name:
* While finding an online domain name registration and hosting company always do a thorough research in order to get the best deal available, and this must include free domain name registration. The large business organizations generally enjoy this kind of favour from most of the web hosting companies.
* The best way to obtain a domain name for free from a host company is to use them for the registration of that name along with using their web hosting service, and other options such as email registration, and if available design.
* Whenever possible use a local hosting company for your domain name registration and site space. This is a great way to ensure the best possible service since they operate right nearby and you have close contact and the ability to negotiate personally and bargain effectively in person.
* Check if the web hosting company provides free domain name registration with a private plan. This feature helps to protect the important personal information of the business organization from the inquiry of the general public. In fact, there are a number of people who try to abuse the privilege provided by a website. In such a case the web hosting company alerts the website owner and thus helps to protect the online business.
* These days, there are some free TLD Domains. Find Free TLD Domain Name Service providers and then sign up for their various offers in order to gain points. Gaining more points ensures getting more number of Free TLD Domains.
There are a number of online domain name service providers that offer free domain names. Some of these kinds of online service providers offer free sub domain redirection whereas there are others who enable a business organization to get even a free top level domain name. These include:
This domain name provider has a lot of great features for the website owner. They offer no-cost redirection that are more commonly known as Domain Forwarding services. They also provide URL masking, URL cloaking, and the ability to use Path Forwarding and some other services. One of the many other cool features of this host is their offer help with Meta Tags, and Favicon. The only requirement for the free services is a link back directed at their main site. That is a small price to pay for all of the free options.
This may be one of the leading free domain name providers. It a top level domain name provider and they also offer free .tk names. The biggest drawback to this service is it is only temporary free service. It lasts for 90 days if you have less than 25 page views during that time. It also has popup advertisements that are beyond the website owner’s control making this a less popular option.
This company provides terrific tools for site building and TLD domains as well as their free domain names. The also offer redirection and other options. The only drawback to Uni.cc is that they do not provide hosing, ftp, or email hosting at this time. They are a great source of domain names and redirection for free if you already have website space.
GeoCities is a very popular source of free websites. They also offer free domain names and registration when you convert to a for a fee premium hosting package. They have great bandwidth availability for even the lowest of packages. On their free sites which are not domain name specific there are pop up and banner ads but on their free domain name fee-websites there are no ads. Both the free and paid sites offered great software and tech support.
Google Page Creator
Google is another free sub domain provider if you use their new page creator to build a website. This is still in Beta but it allows for great flexibility and function in order to put up a free web space. There are some drawback such as limited site pages per account, and some occasional bugs due to the development process but it offers many useful tools for building your site. You can also obtain a number of Google emails for use.
This service, like Google and yahoo’s free sites offers sub domain names for free. Your name would appear before or after these types of names such as yourname.fadlan.com. Fadlan.com also offers free redirection and forwarding. These types of sub domain names are great for non-profit organizations, or personal web pages, and fan sites.
One of the best features of Afraid.org is the ability to pick from several extension sub domains. You need to sign up at their web site and they will give you many services such as updating your IP redirection. There is a 50 sub domain limit for each individual user. They are often used for domain hosting, free DNS and Dynamic hosting.
C-o.in is another effective free provider of domain names. They also include free URL redirection and sub domain forwarding as a free service and they offer the services in 4 available formats for ease of use.