A few days ago I was looking for some home and garden related websites, since I want to decorate my garden and I need lawn edging and more. On of the websites offering lawn edging is best4garden.co.uk.
What is Lawn Edging?
On an aesthetic level, lawn edging is a line of demarcation that creates visual interest in a landscape by separating one segment of your yard from another. But it may also be functional, as when you erect a barrier between a lawn and an adjacent flower bed (in which case we could just as easily term it “garden edging”) to keep grass stolons from creeping into the latter.
You don’t have to have a green thumb to have a great looking backyard. The little things make the biggest difference. One small project you can do is lawn edging. Lawn edging is a great way to separate your lawn from your planting beds or patio. It’s both attractive and practical, giving your yard a more manicured look without a great deal of work. Whether you choose wood, metal, plastic or stone, your edging will improve the look of your lawn without costing you a lot of green.
Why Lawn Edging?
Lawn edging does more that just provide aesthetic benefits. Even though a nicely edged lawn provides a tidy, clean look to your landscape, there are other compelling reasons to install permanent edging around your lawn.
You may have an electric lawn edger that you use every time you use your lawn mower. You may also agree that using it can be a tedious chore. Installing something more permanent will save you both time and labor.
Additionally, using lawn edging will help keep the mulch in your garden beds and off of your lawn. Depending on the type you choose, lawn edging can also provide a root barrier to keep grass and weeds from invading your garden beds. This is another welcome labor saver to most gardeners.
Benefits of Lawn Edging
- Gives you a cleaner mowing and trimming line.
- Keeps mulch where it belongs.
- Saves trimming and weeding time.
- Provides a root barrier to prevent invasive lawn grasses from entering flower beds.
- Adds value to your landscape without necessarily spending a lot of money.
- Shows off your flowers and shrubs.
- Complements and contrasts the house and the remainder of your landscape.
- Adapts to straight or curved areas with equal ease.
Types of Lawn Edging
- Wood: Styles range from natural finish to decorative “fence” versions. Landscape timbers and railroad cross-ties are also popular for larger areas.
- Metal: Gives a commercial look and lasts practically forever.
- Plastic: Available in rolls or decorative “fence” styles.
- Stone, brick or concrete: Gives a more formal appearance. Use precast concrete or brick in a sawtooth/zigzag pattern.
- Living: Use living plants such as mondo grass, Dusty Miller or other seasonal annuals.
- Natura: With a garden spade, cut a v-shape into the sod.
I wanted to know the person behind this awesome green solutions for gardening business and I e-mailed him asking how everything started. Here’s what I got back:
I was a very successful garden designer and agronomist, in different words very kin horticulturist,and i designed many gardens and consulted to many gardens.
I moved to the UK at 2007, I wanted to use my knowledge and experience to help people, to grow more, to be healthy and to have fun growing .
Many years ago, I manged together with a team that i had many private gardens, and i noticed that in one of them , it is a lot easier and faster to trim the lawn edge, any of the workers could do it in that garden without a risk to damage the lawn , it took less than half the time, and many times we could delay the trimming at all, while in other gardens we had to do it regularly. I thought it is great, nearly visible plastic lawn edging that last.
Yet other customers could not understand why do they need it. Few years later i moved to design and building gardens in styles, I did let customers to be involve in the design when i offered alternatives ,yet i made sure that every lawn will be edged with lawn edging. Why? as i wanted “my” gardens to look neat and nice for years later, and all these customers thanked me a lot years later for adding the edging in the plan- as it save them time, a lot .
So lawn edging was one of the products we offer at best4garden, in addition we offer the best root that stop bamboo plants from spreading. Also we offer the very cool looking and top quality railing planters that are such a fantastic idea simple and clever. For trees we have the tree water angel another fantastic idea that save young trees, and saves water and watering – really cool idea.
So now that you are familiar with best4garden.co.uk, check them out and get in touch with their stuff if you’re interested in their services. Check out their website or call: 01630647532.