The EcoSmart ECO 27 is considered the best tankless whole-house electric water heater as it runs on Smart Technology and consumes minimal electricity while providing sufficient hot water for most houses even in the cold winter months.
Moreover, like other EcoSmart products, it requires minimal maintenance and is built to save space on installation. Once installed, this water heater can provide endless water heater for you and your family for years to come.
Just right for large households
The ECO 27 can heat about 3 gallons per minute even in temperatures as low as 37 degrees F. As it handles 6 gallons per minute; it easily provides four showers and a sink simultaneously with hot water without running out of water in warm climates. It is thus perfect for households with a high demand for hot water in between multiple applications.
It is also perfect for homes with large Roman-style or Jacuzzi tubs needing more hot water. Just make sure you confirm this model is perfect for your hot water and electrical requirements before buying and installing it.
Saves money and energy
The EcoSmart ECO 27 saves you money by turning on only when you need hot water. It also saves you 50% of your water heating costs by reducing heat loss. Moreover its advanced self-modulating flow sensor technology saves you money by regulating only as much energy required to heat water. It also saves floor space as it’s sleek, and is wall-mounted.
Continuous hot water
If you buy the right tankless water heater which meets your hot water needs, the EcoSmart ECO 27 will continuously provide you with hot water. Unlike tank type water heaters which store hot water, tankless water heaters heats water as it passes through the unit.
With its digital temperature control, it’s possible to set your temperature anywhere from 80-140 degrees F with increments of 1 degree. Its digital temperature display displays the water temperature setting.
- Saves as much as 50% of your water heating expenses
- Adjusts energy usage based on the amount of hot water required
- Has a sleek and stylish design
- It’s compact space and the fact that its wall mounted saves valuable space
- It’s copper and stainless parts increases the heater’s efficiency and durability
- Can run 4 showers and a sink in warm climates and 2 showers in cold climates
- Get the precise heat needed by setting the temperature in 1 degree increments
- Works on an ‘on-demand’ principle to heat water only when needed
- Its flow sensor technology regulates temperature so that you continuously receive hot water
- Some people complain of having trouble filling bathtubs as the ECO 27 delivered only one, and not 6 gallons of water per minute
Some complain of unpredictable water temperatures where water fluctuates from hot to lukewarm water.