Although having baby is an exciting and emotional time in a couple’s life, it also means that there will be some major life changes. For instance, you and your partner will no longer be living as a couple that has the freedom to get up and go at a moments notice. Basically, you will be responsible for a precious new life. Before baby makes three, couples will often take one last vacation to relax and enjoy the last moments alone. When you are planning the perfect babymoon vacation, there are a number of things you can do to make your time together relaxing, enjoyable and memorable.
1. There is a certain point in the pregnancy when a woman should not travel due to the risk of premature labor. It is recommended that a pregnant woman not fly before 12 weeks. The best time for an expectant mother to travel is during the second trimester, weeks 14 to 27. During this period, morning sickness should have subsided. While on the plane, make sure you stretch your legs every hour to prevent blood clots. As well, make sure you get a comfortable seat with plenty of leg room.
2. When planning where to travel when pregnant, it is important to choose a flight destination where you will be comfortable. Traveling to a destination that is known for extreme heat may not be a good choice as the heat can cause dehydration and nausea. The Caribbean and Florida are popular winter destinations. Canada is a great place to travel as the climate is very temperate. You will also want to travel to places that have quality healthy food with comfortable hotels. As well, you should familiarize yourself with the location of the local hospitals and physician clinics.
3. Vacationing while pregnant means you have to choose the appropriate clothing. Clothing should be loose fitting and the fabric soft on the skin. Elastic waistlines are a good choice. You should also make sure your clothing is appropriate for the climate. You do not want to be too cold or so hot that you are constantly perspiring.
4. While at your destination, you have to make sure you are eating and drinking healthy. You should consider drinking only bottled water. As well, eat at fine restaurants that have an excellent rating. Eat foods that are healthy for you and the baby. You can even bring your own healthy snacks.
5. Make sure you have had a doctor’s health check up before you leave. If you are staying at a sunny destination, wear lots of sunscreen. Bring your vitamins, medicine, and any medical documentation. As well, make sure you get plenty of rest before and during the vacation.
Having a baby means life as a couple will soon be changing to baby makes three. The babymoon vacation is a great time to enjoy the last moments of peace and quiet. When you make the proper travel preparations take your pregnancy into consideration and you will have a fun, healthy, diaper-free unforgettable vacation.
Looking for information on airports, flight and flying? Cheapflights’ easy-to-use online services will help you find last minute flights and cheap tickets to just about anywhere including Toronto flights online and flights to New York.