5 Most Awkward Moments of Live Television Ever
Watching TV is said to be the national pastime, from watching explosive fights on reality shows to enjoying made-for-TV movies. When watching TV, the viewer’s emotion can change from happy, to sad, to scared, and, yes, to awkward. Awkwardness and TV go together like peanut butter and jelly.
Check out the list of the top 5 most awkward TV moments:
1. The ranting reporter: Everybody could feel their jaw drop while watching the local news in Wisconsin on October 2. The reason: A reporter decided to defend herself after she received a hurtful letter calling her “obese” and a “menace to society.” The letter the reporter received was filled with hurtful comments on ‘how her weight was affecting America’. The reporter defended herself, and she read the letter out loud to viewers. She also told them, during a period of four minutes, that even if she was technically overweight, it didn’t give anybody the right to hurt her with nasty comments.
2. Madonna’s snarky comment: Madonna isn’t afraid of causing controversy, and she certainly made viewers feel awkward during an interview. The interview started off revealing the singer’s thoughts about fellow singer Lady Gaga. Madonna, who is never afraid to express her thoughts, made it clear that she wasn’t a fan of Gaga. Madonna told reporter, Cynthia McFadden, this: “It feels reductive.” McFadden, with a perplexed expression on her face, said: “Is that good?” Before responding to the question, the queen of pop arched her perfectly groomed eyebrow and with a smirk on her face, she said: “Look it up.”
3. K-Stew’s mega awkward interview: After cheating on her fellow co-star/ boyfriend, Robert Pattinson, on the set of Snow White and the Huntsmen, Kristen’s first interview was definitely awkward. She could barely look at the reporter, much less the camera. Her fidgeting made things even worst, and when the reporter finally asked her about the cheating scandal, she looked horrified.
4. Kathie Lee screws up: Kathie Lee Gifford is a tremendous reporter, but she made everybody watching the Today show feel awkward after she asked Martin Short about his wife, unaware of the fact that she passed away more than a year ago.
5. Woman who throws up while she hosts the shopping network: Everybody felt sorry for a TV host when she threw up while she was hosting a show on the Shopping Network, which she said happened because of PMS.
Annabelle is currently a loving and caring mother of two children. She lives outside of Milwaukee, WI and loves cheering for the Bucks and Badgers. She is a blog enthusiast and loves writing, if she is not writing she is cleaning up after her two lovely angels. She is trying to make the most of their TV time so it is beneficial to everyone and we can learn from it. You can get plenty of channels by using www.ExpertSatellite.com be sure to see if you have the proper channels to watch these fun shows.