Tweeting, as it is called, is all the rage amongst online businesses these days. Twitter consists of writing short text messages of less than 140 characters that can be viewed by all of your followers. Twitter is a great way to attract attention to your online business thus serves as a form of free online marketing. Companies can use Twitter to interact with both current and potential customers, building brand loyalty and image. Here are 10 ways in which Twitter can boost your online business.
1. Twitter generates traffic to your site because you can send messages that include links. The only problem with trying to increase clientele with Twitter is that it is difficult to target a certain group or demographic. There is a possibility to create viral content on Twitter however because you can ask your friends to include your links in their tweets.
2. Twitter greatly enhances your personal brand. By using Twitter, you and your company develop a casual, approachable personality that is in the loop. This helps you attract new potential customers. The better you get at tweeting, the more likely you are to expand your potential customer base because new Tweeters are attracted to well-established Twitter users.
3. If you need to hire a writer, graphic designer or anyone else for that matter, you can do so easily on Twitter by sending a tweet out to your friends to ask if they know of anyone. This eliminates the need of putting out classified ads and weeding through prospective employees.
4. If you work remotely with other people, you can use Twitter as a way to interact as a group. Twitter options include making messages visible only to certain people, which would obviously be useful if you want to use it as a tool to communicate with people in your business.
5. It is easy to find new, potential customers by using Twitter’s search function. Search Twitter for your target keywords and you will find related tweets. Follow the Twitter users that are talking about relevant topics and you may be able to offer your product or services to them in the future.
6. Twitter can assist you in your social media efforts because anytime you submit an article to Digg or Stumble Upon for example you can include a link to your story and perhaps get others to vote for it.
7. Twitter allows you to stay in touch with your current customers. If you begin offering a new product or service, you can use Twitter to make an announcement.
8. With Twitter, you can connect with other people in your niche. This is helpful for building business relationships that will enhance your future networking efforts.
9. It’s easy to get feedback on any of your current projects with Twitter. If your site has a new design or you just put up a new article, you can tweet about it and ask your followers for feedback. This valuable feedback can help you improve your business and even come up with some new ideas for future projects.
10. With a Twitter widget on your website, you can link up with potential customers who find your site through a search engine. This allows you to connect with people on a more personal level and increase your followers.
Twitter can be very beneficial for your online business if you know how to use it to your advantage. It’s a free and easy way to network with both current customers and potential customers. Using Twitter allows you to connect with people on a personal level and is a powerful way to improve your online marketing and networking efforts.